INSTALLATION GUIDE FOR
Defender Ridge Spikes™
The Defender™ Ridge Spike, with its angled base, fits all angled ridge tiles. Banish gulls and pigeons from the ridges and they are likely to leave the property altogether.
The Defender Ridge Spikes™ pins are 6 inches (150mm) high, making them suitable for pigeons and seagulls. Each strip has an overall length of just over 13” (337mm).
1. Squeeze pigeon spike fixing silicone generously onto the base of the spike, about the size of your finger (10mm). Ensure the silicone is applied to both the inside angles of the Defender™ Ridge Spike.
2. Stick the first row of ridge spikes as close as possible to the end of the ridge tiles, so the end is fully protected. Press down firmly to ensure full adhesion.
3. Every effort should be made to spike the full length of the ridge tiles. Using a hacksaw, cut the Defender Ridge Spikes™ into the correct size to finish off the run.
4. Window cleaners, contractors on ladders, scaffolders, painters etc. have a habit of damaging bird spikes. Warn them to be careful whilst working. A slightly damaged ridge spike is likely to provide an ideal roosting or nesting spot for a pigeon or gull. Any damaged ridge spikes should be replaced before the birds move in.
5. Before starting the job, assess the work to make sure that you can do it safely and without hurting yourself or others. If you have any doubts at all then please contact us or return the spikes for a full refund – no questions asked. Wear suitable protective clothing, dust mask, gloves, overalls etc.